Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Europe Days 1&2

Our flights went as smoothly as they could. Baggage arrived in Wroclaw(Votslav) Poland with no initial problems. The TSA opened up Matt's amp case and basically started unscrewing random nuts and bolts. Needless to say he was upset, but I've never seen him go to town and solve a problem so quickly. In a matter of 12 hours he not only rebuilt the head, but rewired it to run on 230 volts. Not to mention he swapped out parts that prevented future fuse blowouts. I've always been consistantly impressed with him, but this was over the top.

At this point we have not even played a show. The venue lets us unload gear, fed us dinner, and checked us into our hotel. Tomek, the promoter, even gave us free tickets to go see UR-Hamlet.
I've seen Hamlet, and read it twice. So after I accepted the fact that I was not going to understand a damn thing about these adaptation, I was really able to enjoy them.

My sleep schedule is way off, however I'm doing alright. Napping here and there is proving to be a bad idea as it actually makes me all the more tired. But this really is working out alright because we are playing shows close to the times we would normally be working.
__________________________________________
Day 2
Most of the stress that has been building up over the last two weeks was relieved in one 3 hour period.
*All our merch arrived at the 9th hour.
*I got an email informeing me of my acceptance into Temples Graduate program for Special Education.
*Sound check went well(however I
ve already started pissing off sound guys), all gear seems to be working normally.
Here is a pic of the Rosetta sound check:
The is really nice. The stage is very open and the venue itself seets about 400 people.
More later.

No comments:

Post a Comment