Friday, June 26, 2009

"We might as well be in New jersey"-Matt Weed

Our first few hours in Belgium were not the best. We arrived at the show very late after an 11hr drive from Leipzig Germany(sweet show!) only to find that our van had a broken fuel line, and Rosetta only had time to play one song. Days like this really test my patients and looking back I rarely feel good about how I expressed myself in these moments.
At this point I'd rather not dwell on it. The fest we played the following day was outstanding. A lot of kids turned out and we played really well. The promoter, Davy(who is turning out to be one of the nicest guys I've met in a long time) cooked us dinner and both Rosetta and City of Ships got to eat outside on the street. Even with all the ups and downs, this has still been a fantastic experience never to be forgotten.

I also had time to visit the Breendonk concentration camp with Matt and his wife. It was a good experience, one I'd like to bring into the classroom one day depending on what I'm teaching. They did a wonderful job restoring pieces of the camp, although I would have liked it more if they had let time ware it down.

No comments:

Post a Comment